Terms of Reference of the ASEAN-China Joint Working Group on the Implementation of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea
1. The Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea (DOC) is the first political document jointly issued by ASEAN member countries and
2. All the Parties reaffirm their commitment to sincerely and faithfully implement the DOC in order to contribute to regional peace and stability in the
3. The ASEAN-China Senior Officials’ Meeting on the implementation of the DOC convened in
4. The main task of the ASEAN-China JWG is to study and recommend measures to translate the provisions of the DOC into concrete cooperative activities that will enhance mutual understanding and trust.
5. The ASEAN-China JWG shall, in accordance with the obligations and commitment to the DOC, recommend for SOM’s consideration, policy and direction, including identifying type of activities the parties should take in order not to complicate or escalate disputes.
6. The work of the ASEAN-China JWG shall be guided by the principles of mutual understanding, consensus, consultation, and cooperation.
7. The ASEAN-China JWG is tasked to formulate recommendations on:
a) guidelines and the action plan for the implementation of the DOC;
b) specific cooperative activities in the
- marine environmental protection;
- marine scientific research;
- safety of navigation and communication at sea;
- search and rescue operation; and
- combating transnational crime.
c) a register of experts and eminent persons who may provide technical inputs, non-binding and professional views or policy recommendations to the ASEAN-China JWG; and,
d) the convening of workshops, as the need arises.
Composition and Organization:
8. The ASEAN-China JWG shall comprise representatives of all Parties to the DOC. The ASEAN Secretariat shall also be present.
9. Meetings of the ASEAN-China JWG shall be co-chaired by representatives of ASEAN Country-coordinator and
10. The ASEAN-China JWG shall meet regularly at least twice a year and submit a report and recommendations to the ASEAN-China SOM at the end of each meeting.Prev：没有了 Next：ASEAN-China Senior Officials Meeting on the Implementation of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South