(1) Online application
Applicants should first complete an online application at
Note: ※Online application is mandatory. Paper-based applications with no online signing-up will not be considered.
※ Application fees: RMB 400 (non-refundable payment upon signing up online)
(2) Submission of application documents
Applicants should mail the application form generated automatically online and other required application documents to XMU’s Admissions Office (Postal address: Admissions Office of Xiamen University, Fujian Province, China 361005; Tel: +86-0592-2184792)
Note: Documents submitted will not be returned to applicants, regardless of the outcome of the application.
★ Documents to submit
(1) Application Form for International Students should be completed in Chinese or English and then printed out after successful online application.
(2) Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificate (notarized copy in English or Chinese). Applicants who are currently studying at university will need to provide a bachelor’s or master’s study certificate. Certificate in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized translation in Chinese or English.
Note: Applicants who have provided a study certificate will need to submit a notarized copy of their bachelor’s or master’s degree to the XMU Admissions Office before the specified registration date. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of enrollment.
(3) Academic transcripts relating to bachelor’s or master’s study. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized translation in Chinese or English.
(4) Study or research plan (minimum 1,000 words) in Chinese or English.
(5) Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
(6) A photocopy of Chinese (HSK) or English Proficiency Certificate or medium-of-instruction certificate.
(7) A photocopy of your valid passport.
(8) A photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (which can be downloaded from the Admissions Office website), completed in Chinese or English. (The original is to be retained by the applicant.)
(9) A Statement of Financial Support (which can be downloaded from the Admission Office website), certifying that the applicant has sufficient funds to cover his or her tuition, accommodation and living expenses. It should be accompanied by an employment certificate or income certificate and a photocopy of the valid passport of the financial sponsor.
(10) If applicants have published papers, the abstracts should be enclosed during submission of their application documents.
Application documents will be forwarded to the relevant college or school for academic review. Admission decisions will be made on the basis of the applicant’s academic performance, language proficiency, overall merits, research output, and their prospective advisor’s comments. Applicants who are required to attend interviews or take tests will be informed in advance. A list of enrolled students will be submitted to the university administration for final approval.
The University will publish the admission outcome in the application system of the Admissions Office around 2 months after receiving a complete set of hard-copy documents and send out an admissions notice. Applicants can log into the online application system (http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/application) to view the result of their application and detailed information regarding the delivery of the admission package.
Prev：Curriculum Schedule of Autumn Semester For English Taught Programmes(2016-2017) Next：Tuition and Scholarship