Address: Nan’anBuilding, Research School for Southeast Asian Studies, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian, P.R.C.(PostCode:361005)
1991-1995: B.A. in History at Fujian Normal University
1995-1998: M.A. in History at Research School for Southeast Asian Studies, Xiamen University
2004-2011: Ph.D. in History at Research School for Southeast Asian Studies, Xiamen University
Aug.1998-Nov.2000: Assistant, GraduateS ecretary
Dec.2000-Oct.2003: GraduateS ecretary
Aug.2012----Present: Associate Professor
May 2016-May 2017: Research Associate in Institute of China Studies of University of Malaya, Malaysia
English (Gaining the Certificate for Government-Sponsored Scholars Going to Study Abroad in Jan. 2015); Malay, Hakka, Hokkien
Visiting Research Scholar, July-August, 2004, United Chinese School Committees of Selangor & Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Visiting Research Scholar December, 2005-January, 2006, United Chinese School Committees of Malaysia
Visiting Research Scholar, July-August, 2007, Department of Chinese Studies, National University of Singapore
Since1997,Taking part in the field survey of Fujian Qiaoxiang such as Jinjiang, Fuqing, Changle, Lianjiang, Mawei, Mingxi, Putian, etc.
Visiting Research Scholar, July-August, 2012, United Chinese School Committees of Malaysia
Member of China Society for Southeast Asian Studies, Xiamen, 1998-present
Member of Chinese Society for Historians of China's foreign Relations, Beijing, 1999-present
Member of the Overseas Chinese History Society of China, Beijing, 2011-present
Member of the Centre for Malaysian Chinese Studies, Kuala Lumpur, 2016-present
Fields of Specialization:
History of Chinese in Singapore & Malaysia
Social Changes of Fujian Qiaoxiang
Chinese New Migrants
Recent Research Interests:
1.Chinese Dialect Group Distribution and Occupational Structure in Malaya and Singapore, 1912-1957.
2.The Social Structure of Fujianese in Malaysia and Singapore, 1912-1978: Funded by the Social Science Foundation of Fujian Province in October 2015.(Research Project , 2015-2017)(Principal Investigator)
3. Social and Economic Changes of Qiaoxiang in Fujian since1978
Courses being Taught:
History of Southeast Asian Chinese (Undergraduate Degree Course)
Studies of Qiaoxiang (Graduate Degree Course)
Western Civilizations(Undergraduate Degree Course)
An Introduction to the Chinese Frontier(Undergraduate Degree Course)
(1) The project Comparative Study of Overseas Chinese across the Taiwan Strait which I took part in was awarded the first prize in 2006 .I was the fourth achievement adult.
(2) I was awarded an outstanding teacher during University Students' Summer Social Practice by the Fujian Provincial Department of Education Work Committee in 2015.
(3) I was awarded an outstanding teacher during University Students' Summer Social Practice by Xiamen University in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
(4) I was awarded the third prize of Fujian Province Teaching Achievement Prize in 2005. I was the third achievement adult. The name of the teaching achievement was To Promote the Quality of the innovation of Graduate Education through Fieldwork.
(5) I was awarded the third prize of Xiamen University Teaching Achievement Prize in 2004. I was the third achievement adult. The name of the teaching achievement was To Promote the Quality of the innovation of Graduate Education through Fieldwork.
(6)During fighting against 9914 Typhoon, I was awarded the outstanding people in Xiamen University by Chinese Communist Party Committee of Xiamen University.
1．Chinese Dialect Group Distribution and Occupational Structure in Malaya, 1800-1911, Kunming:YunnanArtPress,2012.
2．The Social Changes of Qiaoxiang in Fujian, Changsha: Hunan People’s Press, 2002.
1．Comparative Study of Economic Developmentof Oldand New Qiaoxiang in Fujian, finished in Sep. 2013.
2.The Analysis of Categories, Emigrating Methods & Channels, and Characteristics of New Emigrants from Fujian, finished in Nov. 2014.
1. Studies in the Problem of New Emigrants from Coastal Areas of Fuzhou, in Journal of Minjiang University, Vol.55, No. 3,2016, pp.1-14.
2．Chinese Occupational Structure in Singapore, 1819-1911, in Southeast Asian Affairs, 2012, No. 4, Xiamen.
3．Hokkien’s Migration to the Straits Settlements during 1644-1911, in Southeast Asian Affairs, 2009, No.3, Xiamen.
4.Chinese Emigration to Malaysia since Mid-1980’s, in Southeast Asian Affairs, 2004, No.4, Xiamen
5.Studies in the Problem of New Emigrants from Fujian, in Southeast Asian Affairs, 2002, No.4, Xiamen.
6.Changing Identities of Overseas Chinese in Southeast Asia since World War II, in Southeast Asian Affairs, 2001, No.4, Xiamen. (This Paper is wholly translated by Corean Cholar Song Chengxi in his edited book about The Chinese in Southeast Asia in 2014)
7.The Amount Estimation of Remittance from Overseas Chinesein Qing Dynasty and its Social Impact,inWorldEthno-NationalStudies,2008,No.3,Beijing. (This Paper is wholly cited in Chinese Modern History<Chinese People's University's Xeroxed Materials>, No.9 2008. )
8.The Policy towards Overseas and Ethnic Chinese by the Indonesian Soekarno Government and its Impacts, in World Ethno-NationalStudies,2006,No.1, Beijing.
9.Donation from the Chinese Overseas towards Fuqing since 1979 and its Importance, in Overseas Chinese History Studies, 2000, No.3, Beijing.
10.The Value of Remittance Letters, in Around Southeast Asia ,2013, No.7, Nanning.
11.Overseas Remittance of Fujian Province since the Reformation and Opening of China, in Overseas Chinese Journa lof Bagui, 2002, No.3, Nanning.